Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our large financial client is looking for a UX Researcher for a contract opportunity in San Francisco.
You share our passion for human-centered design, design thinking and creative problem solving. You play well with others. You’re diplomatic and flexible, and you’ve got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
You enjoy creatively applying various research methodologies. You’re energized by conducting research and uncovering behaviors and needs, and you are eager to share user stories and insights.
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Managing multiple research initiatives
• Working with cross functional teams to shape and execute research for both existing and new products/services
• Analyzing research findings and developing actionable insights
• Communicating insights to help drive superior decision making
• Telling the user’s story and acting as a user advocate
• Managing research vendor relationships
• Helping create and maintain research guidelines/documentation
• Collaborating with research team on methodology recommendations and findings
• Helping develop tools and artifacts for partners
• May manage or help implement online user community
• Uncovering human trends
• Have an understanding of the human-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, and user testing
• Owning and managing programs related to customer needs, themes, and ongoing initiatives with research needs.
As a senior researcher, you will also:
Champion design research
Assist with creating QRG (quick reference guides) to aide partners in conducting their own research
May help coach and develop Jr. researchers
Evaluate and identify new ways to deliver findings
Stay up-to-date on user research trends and methodologies
Help plan and execute workshops
Collaborate with our team and partners (product managers, risk managers, business analysists, developers) to develop great experiences for our team members and customers
• 5+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
• 1+ year of project management experience
• 4+ years of user research experience
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• 1+ year of financial industry experience
• Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
• Vendor management experience
• Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
• Experience using a wide variety research methods (e.g. ethnography, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, concept testing, usability)
• Experience with developing and implementing personas
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Nicole at email@example.com
Please reference JO# 12768
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Software and Hardware development Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapp
Apply for UX Researcher
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search