Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our Client in San Mateo is looking for an energetic Principal Implementation Engineer to join their team!
• Implement Business Intelligence systems for internal or customer-facing groups including deep analysis, dashboards, reporting, performance management, KPI's,
• Handle customer implementations with various Hadoop Distributions like: Cloudera, Apache, MapR.
• Implement BI on top of star, or snowflake data models.
• Customer facing and business group-facing role.
• Work with the framework of common Project Management structures and practices including: waterfall or agile, and project planning, scope control, customer relationship management.
• Manage multiple accounts & problems while working in high-visibility situations.
• Coordinate with internal product and engineering teams to translate customer requirements into product features.
• Contribute to ever-growing Knowledge-Base Articles.
• Identify and promote opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training and self-service.
• Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing - star, snowflake schema designs
• Exposure to ETL/data integration tools like: Informatica (Highly Preferred), MSFT SSIS, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Data Integrator, Data Stage, Ab Initio.
• SQL with common RDBMS like: SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
• Ability to write and debug complex SQL.
• Knowledge in Big data implementation Projects.
• Excellent analytical problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, and scheduling flexibility.
Desired/Nice To Haves:
• Linux command, shell scripting, HTML and an understanding of the cloud infrastructure is a big plus.
• Hadoop implementation projects including HDFS, Spark, MapReduce, Hive Query Language, etc.
• SFDC, CRM or SAP a big PLUS.
• Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques is a plus.
• Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big plus.
Open to travel 50% of the time (Domestic – mostly in specific regions per job location)
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science (but N/R)
Curious? Want to know more? Are you available?
Please send a current resume to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference job# 13182
Apply for Principal Implementation Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search