Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our client in Oakland, CA has an immediate need for a Data Analyst:
Position Description: Provide data architectural leadership in developing enterprise data/process models, and logical/physical database designs. Provide data and database development, maintenance, and production support. Participate in IT and Business project to define system requirements. Experience Level: 10+ Years. Skill Set: Business analysis. Business process modeling - enterprise to department level. Ability to interpret Entity Relationship Diagrams.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
• Perform data administration, including Medicare sales system (MTSS) data management and data dictionary maintenance
• Maintain and quality check master data files, Medicare plan coverage and zip codes, facilities, users and access privileges, sales events, fulfillment, etc.
• Upload/transmit Medicare data files to third party vendors
• Monitor data quality and integrity
• Extract and merge data from various databases as needed for business reporting and analysis
• Serve as consultant to Medicare in interpreting data and refining business and data transformation logic for reporting
• Respond to MTSS end user/client problems, production support issues, and requests and resolve interface/data extract issues
• Configure and deploy MTSS data/ system updates for implementation & ongoing maintenance
• Coordinate data configuration support with Sales and Marketing Systems team and third-party vendors
• Assess, prioritize, and resolve regional Medicare requests for data uploads, e.g., marketing and sales campaign changes, prospect lists
• Collaborate with other team members to perform intermediate to advanced system analysis on software vendor release notes (fixes & enhancements), newly submitted ideas, and project changes; and identify specific data/system build configuration or work flow changes.
• Recommend, design, and develop system/data solutions, perform financial analysis, document requirements, improve data processing procedures, perform data configuration changes, conduct/support functional and user acceptance testing, debug/troubleshoot, review & write technical documentation that accompany releases
• Work with team members, KPIT, marketing database and other business teams through development & implementation of MTSS data changes
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have:
• Extensive SQL querying skills
• Proficient with Toad for Oracle or similar front-end database applications
• Experience using shared server files, Oracle for data warehouse reporting, other in-house reporting applications, file transfer and encryption programs
• 3 or more years of Oracle database and data extract and transformation experience.
• 5 or more years of experience reporting from large databases or data warehouses and expert understanding of the data relationships with these.
• 7 or more years of report writing or project management experience required, including preparing financial, accounting or utilization reports.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
• Proficiency with PC-based query and report writing tools such as Tableau; expert knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs, particularly Microsoft Excel, and expert understanding of relational database and data integrity.
• Understanding of sales or financial information systems.
Are you available? Please send your most current Mario to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO# 13460
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneappPalo Alto
Apply for Data Analyst
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search