Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our client in San Mateo is looking to hire a Technical Writer
• Help positon the company from relying on pdf docs and migrate to online documentation
• Work with online Documentation Management Systems to publish docs online
• Manage repository of information, which will eventually all go online
• Write technical User Guides, for online help
• Write for Database Techs and for the Big Data space
• Write ‘How To’ articles, tutorials, security guides, and administration guides
• Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to identify and write content required for customers to install, administer, use, and troubleshoot Software for cloud and on premise environments
• Produce conceptual material that explains technical concepts quickly and effectively to non-technical business users
• Use content mgt tools like Jira to write engineering specs and features, and user-facing features for less technical audiences
• Help drive the online documentation strategy and implementation
• ‘Bring’ the expertise with any types of content management tools, etc…
• Work in an Agile environment
• Ability to write User Guides and online content for a fairly technical audience
• An exceptional writer who has passion to write about highly technical subjects and can simplify complex technical concepts into comprehensive, well-organized, and easy-to-understand documents for customers and others
• 3-6+ years of experience writing installation guides, user guides, administrator guides, for technical (database, system administrators) and non-technical (business analysts) audiences
• Technical Background in documentation is a must
• Experience with publishing online
• Experience with Jira and/or Pivotal Tracker preferred
• Ability to adapt to various methods of obtaining information from subject matter experts
• Ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to work as a self-starter who can work in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing responsibilities, situations, tools, and requirements
• Must be self-sufficient
• Agile exp preferred but Waterfall would be ok
• Jira or Confluence exp preferred, or possibly ‘Aha!'
• Experience working in an agile-style development environment.
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data platform concepts.
• Experience with ETL, Business Intelligence and enterprise software in general
• Experience with Online content management tools
Curious? Want to know more? Are you available?
Please send a current resume to Pragati at email@example.com
Reference job# 13700
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Technical Writer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search