Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our client Palo Alto is eagerly looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join their team!
This is a direct hire position
• Strong Desktop Support work experience, preferably in large or enterprise-level, multi-user environments.
o Mostly Level 1 and Level 2 Support.
• Strong troubleshooting experience with Windows 7/8/10, Macs OS, basic networking.
• Basic of users/groups managements in Active Directory, GPO, and windows services.
• Background in TCP/IP, IP networking knowledge, i.e. IP subnet, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, etc…
• Excellent problem-solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
• Experience with video/audio conferencing systems. (Company uses Zoom).
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple problems and issues, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach to work and collaborate with peers to solve problems when necessary.
• Must be a positive, energetic team player, and an advocate for product excellence and quality.
• Must be hands-on, results-oriented, who is a strong team player, excellent communicator (verbal/written), and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Must have the ability to recognize problems, recommend and implement solutions.
• Multi-Tasking and able to handle multiple user-issues in sync.
• Flexibility to work longer hours as required and to be on-call.
• Must want to learn and soak up new technologies and experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and at least 3 years work experience (Preferable).
• Hands-on experience with hosted applications like Centrify, SSO, Office 365, Zendesk, Dropbox, Crowdstrike, Zoom.
• Cloud-based Ticketing System exp. a plus.
• Provide front-line support, primary technical support to end-users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Respond to, document, and resolve service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA.
• Diagnose, evaluate, and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
o Monitor and manage helpdesk/operations and escalate if necessary.
• Root-cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems, and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Cloud-Based monitoring and attention to security matters.
o Look at end-points and security logs, help company w/ security transitions.
• Troubleshoot Remote Connection problems.
• Support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and videoconferencing equipment. Provide on-site and remote desktop/laptop support in multi-site enterprise environment.
• Monitoring, responding to and resolving service tickets and problem reports received through walkups, phone, email, and ticketing queue system Zendesk.
• Troubleshoot system hardware and software incidents including operating system and application problems
• Manage equipment, software purchasing, update inventory records via IT Asset management system.
• Employee on-boarding/off-boarding, equipment deployment, account setup, etc.
• Remediation of affected endpoints using Crowdstrike and anti-malware tool.
• Internal server backup management/support.
• Provide video-conferencing support with Zoom.
• Work with next-generation cloud-hosted IT applications; including Centrify SSO, Office 365, Dropbox, AWS, Crowdstrike, AirWatch, etc...
• Coordinate with HR to Process new hired onboarding/off-boarding.
Curious? Want to know more? Are you available?
Please send a current resume to Allen at email@example.com
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Health Care and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Desktop Support Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search