Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our large entertainment client is looking for a Senior Monitoring DevOps Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in San Francisco.
The team you will join primarily deals with collection of metrics and logs from our cloud services. But that will not be the only tasks. You'll be tasked with helping with automation of many of the back-end infrastructure tasks, auto-scaling, and building out new services related to data collection for other teams.
You will be part of a team that believes in delivering highly scalable software on the cloud. This role is ideal for an engineer who is passionate about building and scaling cloud based systems with a particular focus on big data and real time data analysis. You are encouraged to be an early adopter and contributor to open source big data technologies to help build, scale, and maintain the critical data warehouse.
• Overseeing the data collection platform. Recommending changes or updates and scale to fit the size of the data.
• Use streaming and batch technologies to build a analytic pipeline at scale.
• Writing code to parse log steams and gather the metric data needed to run graphs for both business and support of a global gaming environment.
• Building out, Scaling, and supporting our graphing and metric environment. You just won't be crunching the numbers, but building the systems to do it.
• Own the jobs and processes that collect the data from our cloud environments, and all the services inside.
• Continuously work on improving and tuning the data collection, what we monitor, and how we alert.
• Own the content that powers the operational dashboards displayed throughout our organization; work closely with developers and guide them to write usable metrics and logs.
• Ability to lead and execute projects from start to finish.
• Build and maintain systems used internally by both the operations teams and development teams; be part of a rotation for 24/7 on call support for monitoring and logging systems.
• 5+ years of professional experience in a high-availability data center environment for serving large web services.
• 5+ years of Linux administration in a production Saas/Cloud environment; understanding of high throughput message buses.
• Understand log collection agents for pulling metric data from AWS, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrails, and other metrics stored in S3.
• Knowledge of chef or other configuration management tools; experience with Grafana or other metric dashboard tools
• Involvement in the Open Source community (code writing, patch submission, bug reporting, etc.) is a huge plus.
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Scala, Golang, Python
• Experience with big data and distributed systems technologies like HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, OpenTSDB and InfluxDB
Are you interested and available? Please send your most current resume to Nicole at email@example.com
Please reference JO# 14465
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Sr. DevOps Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search