Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a 3-month+ contract in Oakland, CA.
This Engineer will work with local API development squads, platform teams, product owners, scrum masters, and architects. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for engineering new software, prod and non-prod operations, ensuring all availability, architecture, quality, security, support and risk/compliance standards are met for the Gateway.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Gateway’s services.
• Solve problems relating to the Gateway and Wells Fargo systems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
• Influence and create new designs, software, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Troubleshoot and mitigate the thorniest problems in our most mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents
• Rotational on-call support for the Gateway system.
• 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
• Strong Puppet experience is a MUST!
• Hands on experience with Jenkins, Git, Splunk, AppDynamics, ELK, Shell, WS02.
• Extensive experience using VMware
• Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
• Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
• Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
• Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
• Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Eric at email@example.com
Please reference JO# 14546EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for DevOps / Puppet Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search