Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our client in San Francisco, Oakland Ca and Charlotte NC has an amazing long-term contract opportunity for a Senior Interaction Designer
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Collaborating with CX Designers, Content Strategists, Producers, and Researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
• Solve complex problems with simple, industry-leading user interface design solutions
• Develop scenarios, navigational structures, sitemaps, user flows, screen designs, interaction models and functional templates, then assist the project team with the creation of visual design and content artifacts
• Design, develop, test and refine prototypes
• Often acting as project lead, coordinating multi-disciplinary CX project teams, writing creative briefs, estimating scope and sizing, and handling escalations
• Working on large projects as well as ongoing maintenance, both independently and as part of a team
• Working with project teams to understand business goals and identify customer needs
• Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and more
• Analyze relevant internal and external sites and consult standards and guidelines as well as policies to determine best practices
• Iterate or extend existing designs, apply existing standards to new products or functionality, or redesign
• Consult with business stakeholders to educate and inform around the business value of experience design and user centered design practices
• Lead series of projects and complex programs
• Present the entire experience to large groups or senior leaders
• Moderate working sessions
• Participate in early discovery work that helps to determine future strategy
• Advocate for change that enhances customer experience and improves process
• Act as a key player in the strategic design process of projects, assuming responsibility for the overall Customer Experience strategy and execution
• Shepherd the project through usability testing, with an eye toward translating user feedback into intuitive and functional user experiences
• Develop new research and test theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions
• Define and deploy design strategies
• Bachelor's degree in HCI or equivalent experience with information architecture as well as interaction design and information design
• 5+ years of experience with interactive product design, design planning, and/or strategic consulting for Fortune 500 companies or large e-commerce sites
• Proven track record for managing complex projects within larger organizations with a mature user centered design methodology
• Current and relevant experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
• A track record of delivering high quality end-to-end designs including wireframes, prototypes, specifications documents, and presentations
• Knowledge of applying user research (e.g. task analysis, user scenarios) to inform design decisions
• Experience in working with cross functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies
• Practical experience participating, optimizing and socializing user centered design processes and principles
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem-solving, and engagement management skills
• Expertise in iRise (or other simulation packages), Visio/OmniGraffle, and Photoshop/Fireworks
• Understand the subjective nature of decision-making with internal clients, and work effectively as a consultant within a large, matrixed organization
• Ability to present and defend design decisions to groups including senior stakeholders
• Experience in communications, human factors, and information sciences, graphic and visual arts
• Background in financial institution or other regulated industry
• Consulting experience or experience within Fortune 100 company
• Certification using iRise
• Knowledge of Accessibility methods and standards, WCAG, or section 508 compliance guidelines
• Experience with formal usability assessment methods
• Experience with service design or journey mapping, and designing for emotion
• Advanced degree in HCI, human factors, interaction design, communications, information sciences in visual/graphic arts or comparable experience
Are you available?
Please send your most current resume to Felicia at email@example.com. Please reference Job #12323
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Software and Hardware development Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com.
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapp
Apply for Interaction Designer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search