Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our Portland client has an immediate need for a PMO Director!
This role provides leadership, coordination, and management of the PMO processes and related functions across the organization. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of managing PMO, Agile and Waterfall projects, managing expectations, driving for results in a collaborative approach.
This role requires exercising good judgment, demonstrating initiative, and discretion, and leading with appropriate urgency to make decisions with a blend of cultural fit, and facts following a proven approach. Candidates must possess notable strength with each area noted below:
* Leading PMO organization that will enable the company to deliver departmental and enterprise-wide projects efficiently, meeting value objectives and managing risks. This includes the active management of the enterprise project portfolio along with regular, concise C-level reporting in partnership with the CIO
* Work closely with CIO on IT Governance including budgets, staffing, performance management and as a member of the IT leadership team contribute to strategic plans and decisions
* Leadership implementing program and project management delivery methods, leading/inspiring and partnering with 15+ members cross functional teams who have varying levels of Agile experience to accelerate time to value. Lead and manage for high-performance
* Leading varying size of SaaS and on premise projects and projects including automation, process and technical changes. Create flexible model and multi-track approach to evaluating demand based on complexity. Focus on continuous improvements in methodology and execution
* Financial acumen to manage budgets, analyze data points, present concise view of status across projects. Proactive management and a passion to influence outcome to effectively manage results
* Identify and avoid or remove roadblocks by actively monitoring risks, and escalating concerns or issues when appropriate to ensure business objectives are met
* Think through decisions with a framework and creativity while asking the right questions to best address opportunities in delivering value and increase project-level decision making speed
* Work independently and collaboratively to organize, manage multiple projects from inception to completion and manage multiple value streams and milestones between cross functional teams
* Influence outcomes through superior listening, persuasion, effective communication, and negotiating skills to solve issues and concerns. Effective resolution of conflicts, managing priorities and business interest
* Concise, insightful communication taking into consideration the needs of the audience and culture and building trusting relationships. Actively support knowledge sharing
* Project management tool expertise including project management software, such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and Portfolio Server. Manage for transparency using facts and analysis including KPI's and scorecards to drive results and continuous improvements.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Undergraduate degree from an accredited four year program, preferably in computer science or a related area of study or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience successfully leading multiple projects using Agile approach and 5+ years managing waterfall projects
* Experience leading 15+ member teams in a matrix environment
* Enterprise PMO experience or equivalent role
* Experience with delivering automation projects: process change and technology deliverables to support well architected solutions and improve user adoption
* Excellent record of inspiring and mentoring others to educate, train, and develop skills including Agile
* Excellent communication, facilitation, issue management, mediation, and negotiation skills
* One or more of the following certifications: PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CSPO, PSM, or PSPO
* Experience sourcing project managers and other IT roles
* Proven ability to communicate and present to any audience, including C-level executives
* 3+ years in senior and/or big 6 consulting roles, including work with multiple clients
* Experience with JIRA and/or MS project
* Proven experience in building high performing teams
* Financial acumen essential including managing budgets up to $10M
Please note: Finalists may be required to submit a list of projects that demonstrate the competencies noted above during onsite interviews.
Please send your resume to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number #AZR-12749
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for PMO Director
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search