Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our client in Downtown Seattle, WA has an immediate need for a Product Owner who also has experience working as a Business Analyst and Agile Technical Project Management experience:
Act in the "product owner" role on an agile software development team as the proxy for the product manager.
• Represents the needs and desires of stakeholders to the delivery team, being the primary source of information about the problem domain for the team.
• Leads the internal process to execute on the product strategy, roadmap, and priorities
• Facilitates requirements gathering sessions, story mapping workshops with a drive to map out end-to-end user flows and non-functional requirements
• Manages requirements dependencies with other teams, negotiating and reprioritizing as appropriate.
• Develops requirements, acceptance criteria, and user stories for new product features
• Prioritizes requirements, defects, and other work items for the team
• Establishes clearly articulated sprint goals
• Provides detailed explanations of the requirements to the team, resolving ambiguous or conflicting business requirements
• Reviews product feedback and feature enhancement requests and defects, triaging and prioritizing enhancements for implementation
As a Functional Analyst Functional analysis is the core focus of the business analyst's role.
• Establishes business rules for the product
• Defines the user experience: functional design and information architecture
• Conducts user research, including usability studies and marketing data reviews
• Develops data models and business process flows
• Analyzes and decomposes complex requirements
• Produces wire frames and other conceptual documents to illustrate new proposed features and products
• Stays alert to potential user issues and leads problem-solving sessions
• Ensures an appropriate level of UI consistency across features and services
• Drafts user guides, training materials, and FAQs
• Provides product labels and other copy
• Outlines product features and benefits for internal and external marketing
• Produces executive presentations for product reviews
As a Project Manager In cases where the team has no dedicated project manager, the business analyst can take on or supplement selected functions of a project manager.
• Is the public face of the team to project stakeholders
• Communicates project and team status
• Educates stakeholders in the development process
• Demos the product to key stakeholders
• Partners closely with the engineering team to help determine implementation and execution schedule
• Negotiates priorities, scope, funding, changes, and roadmap targets
• Establishes and maintains project scope boundaries
• Manages product readiness, ensuring that all organizations are prepared to launch new products and features
• Understands the impact of changes and maintains an evolving "plan of record" that incorporates agreed-upon changes
• Tracks open issues and drives them to resolution
• Holds frequent "stand-ups" to clarify priorities and facilitate collaboration
• Identifies and removes roadblocks Deliverables: User epics, stories and/or use cases
• Groomed implementation details (e.g., technical tasks / subtasks)
Responsible for managing the intake process and agile ceremonies with the coordination of scrum master and team in Agile methodology.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, EE or equivalent experience in field
• Agile Product Owner certification
• 5yrs + Product Owner experience in any well-known software environment.
• 7 years of experience as a technical business analyst; 2+ in an agile environment
• SAFe and Agile technical project management experience of multiple software releases
• Certified SAFe Practitioner to enable and train the team on SAFe and Agile best practices
• Software and Hardware product development life-cycle
Please send your resume to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Ref# JCN1124
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Product Owner/Business Analyst
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search