Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our client in Florida is looking to hire a IT buyer In Heathrow Florida
• IT Purchasing experience and previous experience in sourcing IT is essential, including experience of Global Licensing, SAAS, Cloud, Professional Services Agreements, Networking, and Hardware deals.
• Experience and knowledge of vendor relationship management, vendor consolidation, and cost-reduction.
• 2. Professional Skills • Prior Procurement / sourcing experience essential.
• Experience and knowledge working with and negotiating IT purchasing contracts / terms and conditions.
• Familiarity with service levels/metrics and an understanding of software licensing terms (including Software As A Service).
• Familiar with value analysis, make/buy/lease decisions, and other advanced purchasing topics.
• Able to manage large and/or complex projects to achieve goals with very little direction.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making/Exercise judgment and seek support from Category Manager as required.
• Experience of developing effective relationships with internal customers and external vendors at all levels. Able to understand and satisfy customer needs without direction.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Detail oriented and able to work under time pressure.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• A self-starter who exhibits a high level of initiative and ability to learn quickly in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have excellent listening skills and be able to follow direction.
• The person must have a proven track record in Cost reduction and exemplary customer service.
• Success Factors: Flexible, detail oriented, customer-centered, accountable, strong ethics & values, learning agility, organized, and time management skills.
• Support the Americas and Global sourcing team to provide Purchasing/Sourcing to Category Managers, working on a variety of spend areas, with large focus on IT Spend Projects across the Americas and Globally.
• Spend areas include all elements of IT Purchasing and previous experience in sourcing IT is essential including experience of Global Licensing, SAAS, Cloud, professional services agreements, Networking and Hardware deals.
• Role will include, but not limited to:
• Successfully execute assigned goals in a timely manner.
• Development and management of RFI / RFQ / RFP’s as required by business process owners and as directed by Category Managers for all spend areas across the Americas.
• Negotiating best possible commercial terms whilst protecting Veritas through use of standard terms and conditions.
• Able to establish and negotiate cost effective multi-site purchase agreements.
• Educate customers and provide value-add solutions.
• Support and guide the operational buying team as required.
• Support category managers with spend data analytics and development of Category plans, including ad-hoc projects that may require immediate attention.
• Interact with vendors and customers for day-to-day activities under Category Manager direction.
• Review contract / terms and conditions redlines from suppliers and through use of playbooks - negotiate or escalate to category managers and legal.
• Ensure contract database is kept up-to-date with all signed agreements uploaded, and all data fields completed.
• Facilitate contract renewals.
• Manage Supplier Relationship Management with team.
• Work under the direction of management for high-impact decisions.
• Gather information and assist with the evaluation of vendors with the Category Manager.
• Receive direction and communicate effectively internally to gather and provide information.
• Work with colleagues as a team to accomplish goals.
• Will communicate externally under direction of the Category Manager.
• Frequent supervision while working on projects owned by others.
• Participate in cross-functional or departmental project teams in a support role.
• Responsible for quality of information obtained and provided.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Pragati at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO# 13871
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneappPalo Alto
Apply for Contract Negotiator
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search