Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
This position is under the Enterprise Data Science team which is part of the larger Business Intelligence team in IT. It is a small, but collaborative team which works on cross-functional business problems providing decision support and delivering analytical products.
The new member will work closely with the team on rich, cross-functional data sets to answer complex business questions. He/she should have excellent technical, business and communication skills to be able to translate key business questions into analytical data sets, statistical models and analyses that answer those questions.
In addition, the person would be responsible for regular deep topical analysis on a broad range of strategic and tactical questions ranging from customer relationship management to web analytics and supply chain. This versatile role leverages an understanding of statistical modeling, combined with a technical aptitude, and business understanding to deliver capability and insights for and better customer experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, or related disciplines with 6+ years of experience. Master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred.
• Strong experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems.
• Proficient in SQL, R and Python.
• Excellence in applying analytical rigor & technical proficiency to the business environment.
• Experience in selecting and utilizing statistical and machine learning models to solve business problems.
• Demonstrated ability to self-educate and learn while doing in a highly complex and rapidly changing environment.
You'll get to:
• Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
• Query relational databases (SQL) and build and maintain processes to pull & integrate data from various sources.
• Translate and effectively communicate future business needs into requirements that informs enterprise analytics platform strategy.
• Integrate internally and externally produced data sources.
• Build and maintain processes to acquire, process and curate necessary data for analysis and insights.
• Have strong writing, data visualization and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
• Have a strong passion for answering hard questions with data and have demonstrated the ability to conceptualize, promote and implement new ideas.
• Be a self-starter, driven and accountable.
• Revel in the complex, but seek to simplify and clarify it in your analysis and communications.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO #AS13989
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Data Scientist Needed in Seattle!!
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search