Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our client is seeking a Senior Video Encoding Engineer for a 6-month Contract-to-Hire position in San Francisco, CA.
The Video Technology team develops industry leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company’s information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
You’ll be an integral part of the central Video Technology team, working with other video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. We are responsible for encoding our video streams at the best quality possible, no matter what the content, viewing device or network condition. We are seeking talented software engineers, who has experience working with video codecs like H264, H265, VP9 along with HLS/DASH manifest. You will be working on our video encoding platform and scaling it further to cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP. Additionally, you will also be responsible for maintaining and developing encoding web tool used by publisher on daily basis for managing encoding jobs and creating various reports. We are seeking a video encoding engineer who will help drive our system’s evolution.
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve video encoding platform.
• Investigate and troubleshoot video encoding issues.
• Field questions and requests from site publishers regarding video encoding.
• Design API’s and partner with other teams to build integrations with their CMS.
• Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices.
• Optimize our video encoding platform on AWS/GCP Cloud Infrastructure.
• Work on integrating video encoding platform with multi-DRM and right management systems.
• Upgrade Video Encoding User Interface Tool.
• Work on the latest next-gen video codecs.
• 3+ years proven experience developing video encoding stack.
• Experience coding in PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, Javscript Frameworks, MySQL.
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards.
• Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
• Experience working on cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP.
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design.
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Eric at email@example.com
Please reference JO# 14017EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Senior Video Encoding Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search