Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Virtual Infrastructure Engineer
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for 24x7 uptime of Virtual Infrastructure across multiple environments. This includes VMware, EMC, Cisco UCS and Dell products.
• Provision LUN's on all storage environments, to include three EMC VNX 5500's, an EMC Unity as well as storage at our colocation and 8 DC's. Monitor and adjust VM resources as required, to optimize UCS performance & storage resource consumption.
• Detection of VMware issues, monitoring and ownership of standards and requirements.
• Participate in capacity planning and resource allocation efforts.
• Notify team and management of impending upgrades, purchases, and
• Creation and maintaining of architectural drawings and logical diagrams.
• Document all VMware processes and procedures.
• Propose VM provisioning solutions for review and/or for implementation.
• Provide quarterly storage, UCS memory and processor utilization statistics.
• Review existing datastores and UCS allocations to determine if reconfigurations are necessary to ensure maximum efficiencies in our UCS and VNX environments.
• Responsible for documenting and maintaining UCS and SAN/NAS firmware updates as well as upgrades to the underlying hardware systems.
• Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events as reflected in various management tools.
• Design and Implement ESX Clusters, HA, DRS, vSwitches and Distributed Switches.
• Ensure adequate virtual host and guest protection methods are in place and recurring testing scenarios are being carried out.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
• B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field and 3+ years of experience in a Data Center environment or High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years of experience in a Data Center environment.
• More than 2 years of VMware and SAN/NAS experience.
• VMware Certified Professionals (VCP, VCAP, VCDX) strongly preferred.
• The successful candidate must have recent, hands-on experience architecting, implementing and configuring VMware ESXi 5.x/6.x technologies.
• Understanding of RAID, SANs, NFS, iSCSI, FC, and Zoning storage concepts.
• Strong knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager and EMC RecoverPoint preferred.
• Must have experience participating in or leading DR efforts including:
• Architechting and administering Disaster Recovery strategies.
• Testing of regular scheduled Disaster Recovery processes.
• Identify Business Continuity opportunities and report findings to management.
• Layer 2 technologies (OTV, NSX, Etc.).
• EMCSA certification a plus.
• Cloud-based virtualization experience a plus.
• UCS experience preferred.
• Containerization experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of vSphere Enterprise and vRealize Suites.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
• Ability to quickly respond to service impacts and possess a strong troubleshooting acumen.
• Highly developed investigative and analysis skills.
• Expert knowledge of VMware VSphere Enterprise 5.5 or VCloud Standard.
• Demonstrated ability to forecast resource needs in the Storage and UCS environments.
• Must be organized and manage workloads efficiently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately quiet. Employee must be able to handle strenuous customer deadlines and be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO #AS14346
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Virtual Infrastructure Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search