Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Security Software Engineer
This position is responsible for developing and integrating the appropriate tools and business practices for reducing risks and improving security for digital software systems developed & released by the engineering services group.
The security software engineer will partner across all engineering services to address security compliance requirements while reducing software development costs and risks. Job duties will include software development and integration of application security tools within the build and delivery pipeline progressing towards a Secure Software Development Life Cycle.
• Develop reference implementation of security libraries.
• Collaborate with security/software architect to design and develop automated security scanning with continuous software build and deployment systems.
• Implement proof of concept projects to evaluate security scanning tools.
• 3 or more years of industry experience in designing, implementing, and supporting software applications and services.
• Solid software engineering and software development lifecycle (SDLC) fundamentals. Prior experience with Secure SDLC is desired.
• Solid understanding of and experience with HTTP, RESTful APIs, JSON, XML; experience with web socket is a plus.
• Experience integration with static and dynamic security analyzers
• Solid understanding & experience with continuous integration and delivery/deployment platforms
• Experience developing software in Java and interfacing with web services
• Experience with a scripting language(s) for automation, such as Python, Bash, Ruby, Node.js.
• Ability to articulate technical details clearly through written documentation and interpersonal interactions
• Familiarity with application security vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10 web application vulnerabilities or CWE/SANS Top 25 application errors preferred.
• Experience in Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) such as Snyk, WebInspect, OWASP ZAP, or equivalent is a plus.
• Experience with containers like Docker to spin up ephemeral environments.
• Experience with developing and deploying to the cloud platforms.
Please send your resume to Amanda at email@example.com - Ref# ABC0801
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Security Engineer - Java
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search