Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation. Additional tasks as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
Responsible for level 2 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives. Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, data security, data systems, and its design. Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure and 5-7 years experience with products such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark etc. Relational Database Administration experience ein the past is a plus.
• Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years’ experience in technical operations or software engineering
• 4-6 years of experience with managing large clusters for technologies such as- Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, Solr.
• 2-3 years of experience writing automation under Cloudformation, Terraform, chef, and running data platform in AWS/Azure.
• 6-8 years’ experience with Linux Server platform designing secure, reliable, highly available, performant data services.
• 2-4 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
• Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
• 3 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment(oncall)
• Thourough understanding in Security implmentations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
• Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
• Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
• Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
• Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relavant usecases.
• Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
• Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networkiong(VPC,security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
• History of having architected solutions in the cloud(AWS), Cloud Migration project(AWS)
• AWS certification
• Cassandra Certification
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO #AS14362
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Sr. Data Engineer - AWS
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search