It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Our downtown Portland client has an urgent need for a Solutions Architect!
The Solutions Architect provides expert advice to engineering team and business sponsors about how to best solve tough business and technical problems. This role is involved in and leads the investigation, design, and proposals of new technologies (applications, systems, software, hardware, etc.).
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Demonstrated architecture experience across business units and technology fields.
• Subject matter expert in one or more major platform and relevant technologies and how those platforms relate to overall technology infrastructure.
• Possesses comprehensive understanding of competitor’s products and related technologies how those products and technologies compare with existing technologies.
• Understands and resolves highly complex large scale or systems level problems. Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot such problems utilizing team resources to coordinate solutions.
• Proficient at understanding and writing code and the use of modern technology to solve a broad range of problems of varying complexity.
• Capable of leading multiple product teams to execute product strategies throughout engineering. Ability to actively support and influence product family objectives.
• Ability to apply verbal, written and persuasive communication skills to influence others both individually and groups.
• Proficient in utilization of audio/visual tools to effectively present to groups and capable of presenting technical information to other functions or groups both inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to influence and lead project direction and work with peers to implement ideas and concepts.
• Ability to work with business in their language to support and promote concepts.
• Demonstrated high levels of personal output and ability to increase the productivity of architecture function.
• Knowledge of Archimate, or other equivalent tools to create solution architecture diagrams.
• Knowledge of best practices and frameworks such as TOGAF, or equivalent frameworks.
• Expert in a broad range of technology platforms and technologies and how they interrelate within the technology portfolio.
• Regarded as thought leader on specific topics within the organization
• Demonstrated architecture experience in multiple business units or division and multiple technology fields.
• Able to troubleshoot in outside of the technology domain, utilizing company resources to coordinate solutions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of coding fundamentals and practices in the organization
• Ability to actively support and influence company objectives.
The Solutions Architect would have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related/relevant field with an advanced degree preferred plus ten years in IT with a minimum of two years of technical leadership and architecture experience and at minimum of five years’ experience evaluating business requirements and designing complete systems solutions in complex environments plus strong business understanding including health insurance technologies and regulations. Experience in the health insurance industry, payer oriented processes and systems is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested? Please send your resume to Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Solutions Architect
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search