It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Are you the type of engineer that enjoys working in the Data Science space? If so then please reach out because I am looking for a great Data Engineer
• Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
• Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
• Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
• Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
• Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
• Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
• MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
• 6+ years’ experience in large-scale software development
• 2+ year experience in Hadoop
• 2+ year experience in Data Science
• Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive
• Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
• Good understanding of file formats including Parquet, Avro, JSON and others
• Good understanding of R, TensorFlow, SAS or similar
• Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
• Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
Nice to have:
• Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
• Machine learning frameworks
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference JO#14466
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps (MBG Jobs), visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Data Science Developer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search