A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our client in Seattle, WA is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data and Service platform team as they intensify the pace of innovation and move towards future growth through technology solutions.
You will help them design and implement software in AWS Cloud to drive the next generation of cloud based tools and services in the product domain
• Develop modern, large scale RESTful Micro Services, modern web based tools and applications for use by internal teams in a fast paced Retail environment
• Design and build distributed systems that integrate with a larger data and services ecosystem
• Serves as lead engineering resource in cross functional team dealing with challenging engineering problem or opportunity
• Resolves complex engineering problems, collaborating with others
• Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support (all team members are expected to take an on-call shift to support our systems 24/7.)
• Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence
• Mentors junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise.
• Works in a DevOps model to own the end to end solution from development to delivery and support.
• Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
• Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
• Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
• Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery
• 7+ years of current professional experience working with Java and Proven high level of expertise in open source technology stacks
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of professional experience building RESTful web API
• 2+ years’ experience in AWS Services such as Dynamo DB, Aurora, SQS, Cloud watch
• Experience in Spring Framework, Maven/Gradle, Tomcat, JSON, REST, SAAS, Event Driven Architecture
• Proven proficiency in API development (REST and SOAP)
• Experience in scripting languages such as python, bash.
Are you interested?
Send your resume to email@example.com
Apply for Sr. Java Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search