A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our client in Seattle, WA is looking for a talented Software Engineer proficient with Hadoop
In this role, you will be working on the maintenance, support and testing of in-house built data integration services in existing Hadoop ecosystem, as well as the Analysis, design and implementation efforts around the migration of existing workloads from the on premise Hadoop environment into the cloud
• At least 5 years of experience in designing and developing scalable, maintainable and operational web services and data processing applications
• Strong server-side Java background (Servlets, Spring)
• Good unit testing and integration testing skills
• Proficiency in Big Data / Hadoop stack (Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Flume)
• Experience with MySQL or any other popular RDBMS
• Experience working in Linux environments
• Experience with Git
• Understanding of Scrum / Agile Methodologies
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Good communication skills and proven ability to work both independently and in a team onsite
• Ability to jump in and handle ambiguity
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS:
• Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase)
• Python / Spark knowledge
Are you interested?
Please send your resume to Denzel email@example.com
Apply for Software Engineer - Hadoop
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search