A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our client in Seattle, WA has an immediate need for a Configuration Management (CMDB) Administrator:
This position will assist in the development, organization and maintenance of IT’s Configuration Management program as well as monitor, report and improve company’s IT processes specifically around configuration item(CI) changes.
Essential Duties of Position:
35% Design and develop Configuration Management Database (CMDB) while working with all IT business units to collect CI information to build out an accurate, reliable, usable CMDB.
35% Track, communicate, coordinate, integrate and report Configuration Management activities and processes in IT specifically around CI changes, including communications to key stakeholders and specialists, into a policy and process plan that will be followed.
30% Assess the CI change impact and complete an assessment by using mitigation tactics for all Requests for Changes(RFC) that are being managed in the CMDB.
• Apply a structured methodology and lead configuration management activities
• Analyze process needs, requirements, work habits, and changing business and IT conditions that would merit changing established processes.
• Establish internal quality assurance program and processes.
• Support Change Management with all RFC CI changes across the different departments of IT that are supported in the CMDB.
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor configuration progress
• Develop reports and metrics as they relate to CI changes
Knowledge of and experience in:
• A solid understanding of the configuration management process; experience with ITIL, CoBIT, CMM, COSO required. preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of configuration management principles, methodologies and tools.
• Experience and understanding of a multi-tier, production IT environment is required.
• Experience administering and managing testing and development tools preferred.
• Report creation tool experience required.
• Relational database management experience preferred.
• Infrastructure and Networking management experience preferred.ed.
Please send your resume to Jonathan at email@example.com - Ref# JCN1124
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Configuration Management Administrator
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search