A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our team in Seattle is looking for a talented Systems Engineer to help us on a cloud migration project.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience managing Docker workloads in a production environment
• Large scale production deployments in AWS
• Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable mission-critical web serving environment
• Excellent judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
• Experience with F5 load balancing helpful
• UNIX/LINUX and some Windows server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
• Web (IIS, Apache) and Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
• Experience with Automation platforms (Chef, cfengine, puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes,etc.)
• Database Administration – setup, configuration and basic troubleshooting skills for traditional and cloud databases.
• Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, SNMP and other protocols
• Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
• Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc)
• Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
• Network hardware experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with technical groups
• Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
• Ability to work within formal processes that assure a quality product and operational integrity
Experience working with ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus
Send your resume today for an interview! Please send your resume to Ashley at email@example.com
Please reference JO#AW13154
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps (MBG Jobs), visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Systems Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search