A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our client in Seattle, WA is seeking an experience database engineer who is capable of wholly owning 2 sets of databases for an upcoming project. Please see list of preferred qualifications below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience 10+ years of database development experience using Microsoft SQL Server
• 7+ years of database development experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
• Solid experience building and tuning stored procedures, views, tables and other database objects for a web-scale environment.
• Experience with NoSQL data storage technologies Mongo/Cassandra- long run is NoSQL work
• Understanding of non-relational data design issues
• Experience working collaboratively using agile software development process
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
• Experience in design and development of data models from inception
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
• Experience working in agile teams (e.g., Scrum, XP)
• Able to manage fast-paced projects, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
• Superior communication skills to maintain effective relationships with all levels of personnel
• Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
• Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Key Competencies: Process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, functions well and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up actions from others
• Previous experience in internet commerce, electronics or consumer goods environment or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus
• Previous experience in internal products and automation tools
Please send your resume to Jonathan at email@example.com - Ref# JCN1124
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Database Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search