A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
IT Security Engineer
The IT Security Engineer contract position is part of a team of engineers and analysts focused on our cyber security tools and services. This position is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets through data security analysis, incident response and investigation of violations, and consultation during system development, acquisition and implementation.
#1 - Active Directory Hardening, provisioning - have a deep Microsoft security background. Can participate in security planning and strategy.
• Define and lead programs that support and align with a cloud based online service strategy and engineering requirements for evolving information security services, mechanisms, and safeguards.
• Lead the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, control standards, and operational practices.
• Partnering with engineering, program management and operations personnel within the service delivery organization to implement changes to process and technology.
• Developing metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for those activities.
• Lead the on-going operational security assessment and measurement of information security risk objectively and consistently.
• Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture.
• Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
• 5+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
• 5+ years’ experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity
• 5+ years’ experience in Program Management, creating a security framework, SIRRP process and forensic handling methods
• 4+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs
• Has worked or been part of an online service compliance team for more than 5+ years and has completed more than 2 annual audit cycles.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills; familiar with tools for structured decision making.
• Able to form working relationships and drive alignment with diverse stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; can effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
• Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects
• 5+ or more years’ experience in working on large-scale online cloud based services.
• Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
• Preferred to have certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: CISSP, networking, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, information security.
• Familiarity with MOF or ITIL preferred.
• BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO #AS13422
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Security Engineer - AD Hardening
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search