A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Business Analyst - Agile/Search
What would the specific day to day responsibilities be for the position? Attending stand ups, grooming, sprint planning sessions each sprint. Driving requirements gathering sessions and working with Product Management and business stakeholders to ensure we are meeting business needs and aligned to client's strategy. Working with Devs to ensure user stories are written at the right level for the team to understand, estimate and self serve. Answer questions when requirements are ambiguous.
1. Outline detailed requirements for front end and back end developers on the team as well as dependent teams such as Search and Ontology.
2. Vet edge case scenarios for the faceted trail search experience and work with design to address any changes.
3. Help the team define scope for post MVP iterations of the application.
4. Align Get Outside architecture and data flows to enterprise wide decisions such as Geo Hierarchy data structure.
5. Requirements gathering and documentation related to Geo Hierarchy micro-services.
6. Identify and document data sources and data flow.
7. Identify impacted stakeholders and deliver requirements to respective teams.
8. Collaborate across teams to define canonical schema.
9. Negotiate and design endpoint contracts.
10. Conduct GAP analysis from the data and system capabilities.
11. Insuring project teams are aligned on what is in-scope and out-scope.
2-5 years as Business Analyst, using agile tools like JIRA, Confluence.
This is a newer team, formed in 2017 to deliver new capabilities to help users get outside with client’s help. This is exciting because there is room to influence direction and approach on this newer initiative and ability to create a rich, engaging user experience.
MUST-HAVE (Rank the top 3 must have’s for this opening, skills/technologies) :
Great communication and strong collaborator
Business Analyst experience in Agile teams in eCommerce retailers
Experience with Search (SOLR, Elastic Search)
Nice to have experience with JIRA, Confluence (most likely would if they fulfill #2 above). Would be nice to have experience with dynamic user experiences that are not necessarily only commerce-focused. Such as interactive capabilities vs. checkout, product page. Would be nice to have experience with geolocation hierarchy and ontology/taxonomy related to geolocation/maps.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO #AS14289
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Business Analyst - Jira
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search