A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
Our client in Renton, WA has an immediate need for Retail System Administrator with strong experience implementing, optimizing, and maintaining Point-of-Sale (PoS) systems.
Supports company vision by ensuring the viability and sustainability of the Retail systems environment with a focus on functionality, high availability, security, resource availability and optimization. Performs as a technological knowledge leader within the Retail systems team to confirm that standards and policies are implemented and adopted within the team functions. This job leads the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the PoS multi-tiered, multi-platform application and integration architecture.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Demonstrated skills in technical documentation, analytical, deductive reasoning
• Configures Retail systems environment by working with business partners and stakeholders to match business needs.
• Provide foundational support and oversight of daily analysis and monitoring of client/server applications in the Retail Systems environment for any performance, availability and/or security issues.
• Regular review and oversight of Retail Systems availability, performance, and stability
• Review of Retail Systems teams policies and procedures. Adjust policies and procedures and provide guidance to Retail Systems team regarding adherence to policies/procedures.
• Provides proactive design and architectural changes for the Retail Systems environment to mitigate potential future performance and capacity concerns.
• Provides Tier 3 support for all Retail Systems
• Maintains detailed documentation of all job functions for use as reference material.
• Provides documentation and input into knowledge base articles for helpdesk.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of Point of sale systems and architecture, PoS hardware and integration points between hardware and POS software, and Windows Server 2003 – 2016, Windows XP - 10, core Windows Server Applications, Active Directory, Group Policy.
• Knowledge of developing and implementing process automation using scripting languages, and software packaging techniques.
• Advanced knowledge of MS SQL 2008R2, MS SQL 2012, MS SQL 2016.
• Ability to write SQL queries and advance SQL queries.
• Exposure to C# and reading C# code and PowerShell scripting capabilities.
• Working knowledge of MS SQL SSRS.
• Basic understanding of XML and how to read XML.
• Working knowledge of virtualization.
• Working knowledge of server hardware including blade infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of systems management systems like Microsoft SCCM.
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field, Masters preferred OR current Microsoft Certification(s) AND 5+ years of relevant work experience
Please send your resume to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Ref# JCN1124
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for Retail Systems Administrator (Point of Sale)
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search