A City Where Ideas and Innovation Are Percolating.
Seattle’s Office of Economic Development reports that the city’s tech industry boasts more than 850 companies and 18,000+ IT jobs. And that doesn’t even account for all of the non-tech firms with high-tech talent needs. With a well-established reputation for ideas and innovation, Seattle is home to some of the most talented technologists in the country and more than a few of them work with Mainz Brady Group. Maybe you should, too! Check out our available Seattle IT jobs, and come grow with us!
We are looking for an experienced contract Systems Engineer who can help Engineer and Operations of our VMWare server fleet (~2K guests). You'll collaborate in a team oriented dynamic environment with other IT Engineers, Architects, and Application Developers to ensure solutions understand and support all requirements. You will have support to grow your skills and explore new technologies as we continually evolve our people, process and technologies.
Bring your passion and expertise
· ESXi OS Host Patching
· ESX Firmware Patching
· ESX Lab Management (AD)
· POS RAM Uplift Assistance on ESX Environments
· vSphere Upgrades
· DataStore Migrations
· SOP Definitions/Refinement (VMWare focused)
· Monitoring and Response
o Capacity Management
o Incident Management
· Decommission of older ESX Hosts
· New ESX Host Builds
· Host Realignment – as part of capacity management
· Experience designing to high availability and disaster recovery requirements. This includes designing systems across regions, clusters within regions and failover testing
· Ability to draft system documentation inclusive of Confluence KBs, technical spec/descriptions, etc.
· Knowledge of storage systems (NAS, SAN, AWS S3)
· A passion for jumping in, learning new stuff, and getting your hands dirty
· Enjoys sharing information, teaching and mentoring others
· Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
o Virtual / ESX
o ESXi 5.x-6.x
o vRealize Reporting
o Log Insights
• SAN Storage/Fiber Channel/NFS Experience
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO #AS14696
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for VMWare Engineer!!
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search