Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Seeking a Senior (Python) Backend Engineer for a FTE/Direct Hire position in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Python and the Python ecosystem, as well as code security, scalability, quality and sustainability. Offering an extremely generous and flexible compensation and benefits package.
Who we are
We are an early phase startup in Oakland specializing in the area of institutional custody for cryptocurrencies. Our solution will be a key component to the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are an exciting emerging market with considerable opportunities for success. As member of a small, world-class technical team, you can have a huge impact on our solution and the success of cryptocurrencies.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will help architect and build the business logic and backbone services for a cryptocurrency platform. You will build central services such as the account, firm, and vault managers that form the backbone of the system, and connect them to the front end systems which include web and mobile platforms. You will work on a small team with other top talent with a significant impact on both architecture and direction and you will interface with and assist the front end and cloud services teams.
• Architect and build the back end working with the cloud services team, and front end team to produce a world-class Fintech service.
• Build quality in, delivering significant unit, integration and system tests along with your code.
• Write developer documentation, reference implementations, and other educational content as needed.
• As a secondary objective, assist the other teams directly with code review, design and implementation as needed.
• At least 3 years of experience building enterprise grade software using python and related technologies. Deep knowledge of python and python libraries.
• Deep experience with a second language like C++ or Java.
• Object oriented concepts and best practices.
• Software security concepts and best practices.
• Ability to conceive, develop and vet new software architectures.
• Microservice architectures.
• SQL and NoSQL.
• Track record of writing high quality, sustainable, testable, performant code using best software development practices.
• Strong sense of software craftsmanship, professionalism and responsibility.
• Understanding of Agile estimating and planning methods, and a record of estimating and delivering to schedule.
• BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with mobile development using React Native.
• Experience with electronic financial exchanges and markets.
• Experience with cryptography, particularly digital currency
• Technical Environment:
• Backend – Python (gRPC, Tornado), C, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ.
• Infrastructure – AWS, Kubernetes, Docker.
• OS – Linux.
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Jacob at JacobM@MBG.com
Please reference JO# 14101
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Sr. (Python) Backend Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search