Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our Client in the East Bay is looking for a highly skilled Mechanical engineer who wants to make an impact in the Medical Device industry.
If this is you, reach out ASAP! Open interview slots available this week!
Required / Desired:
TOP 3 TRAITS:
1) Electro-Mechanical T/S Skills and Problem-Solving Skills – Required.
2) Great Communication and Soft Skills – Required.
3) Individual Contributor (No people-managers) – Be assertive, take initiative – ID problems – Run with it, and Fix it. – Required
• Medical Device Company experience – preferably noninvasive devices (stationary or hand-held) or equipment – small to capital, but could be invasive w/ exp such as catheters as stints.
• PLC experience – strong. Experience with PLC programming and LabVIEW. Ability to set up Test Fixtures (could involve scripting, preferably with LabView).
o Experience with developing production test fixtures.
o Experience in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
o Knowledge of current statistical and analytical methods.
o Schematic and PCB design tools exp. desirable.
• Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving skills – strong exp. required – Use of all types of Test Equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, DVM, and Chip-scopes.
• Test protocol generation, execution, and reporting.
• FPGA’s – Understand how they operate, and preferably understand the system.
o Experience with microprocessor/microcontroller and/or FPGA based digital design.
• Knowledge of manufacturing documentation, such as BOM’s.
• Familiarity with IPC standards and the IEC 60601 family of safety standards a plus.
• CAP and/or 501K knowledge is helpful.
• Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Experience in investigational analysis methods such as DFMEA, Design of Experiments a plus.
• Standards can be taught.
• 5+ Years exp required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Mechatronics Engineering (BSME or possibly an Industrial Engineering Degree) – Required.
• Be a bridge between R&D to Mfg Engineering for the purposes of new product realization, from Mfg. validation, to build, to shipping.
• Heavy in Documentation in a Mfg Eng environment, from the Medical Device and FDA perspective; lighter on design or hands-on E/M Engineering aspect.
• Ensure that all manufacturing related aspects of the company products are addressed throughout the product development cycle.
• Report into Manufacturing Dept. - Work closely with engineering, quality, and manufacturing operations to support the manufacturing of current and next generation products and improve manufacturing processes.
• Design and evaluate new and existing test fixtures and equipment, test methods, specifications, layouts, and standards.
• Test and troubleshoot electrical circuit boards – e.g. identify a design flaw, report a faulty component, id that the value of a resistor is incorrect, report that a diode is not properly installed, etc…
• Develop and validate test software.
• Apply expertise in system and board level electronics design to support optimizing for reliability, manufacturability, and testability.
• Conduct design reviews and other related technical reviews.
• Write or edit validation/test protocols/reports, write and implement engineering change notices (ECN’s).
• Lead sustaining projects and provide effort estimate and feasibility report.
• Develop and maintain documentation necessary to ensure the consistent manufacturing of products (processes, drawings, and shop floor paperwork).
• Provide engineering support for troubleshooting efforts for any process issues in designated area. Summarize and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution of process problems.
• Identify, justify, and implement multiple significant data driven projects to reduce manufacturing costs, improve processes, increase product reliability, and enhance process capability.
• Identify and recommend manufacturing technologies to strategically develop business objectives and potential opportunities.
• Collaborate with manufacturing staff and management in other disciplines to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
• Apply statistical methods in evaluating and determining design parameters/limits.
• Conduct in-depth research to develop and introduce improved manufacturing methods. Analyze assembly processes to ensure quality results are achieved and sustained. Analyze data to determine return on investment (ROI).
• Work with production personnel, suppliers and contract manufacturers (CM’s) to establish or revise work instructions and production procedures.
• Ensure quality outcomes in device manufacturing areas by working with suppliers, quality systems, procurement, and sustaining engineering.
• Perform hazard analysis on new equipment and systems to ensure safe working conditions.
• Report project progress, issues and risks to supervisors.
• Work independently and normally receive little instruction on day-to-day work.
• May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
• Mentor other staff as applicable.
• Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Development of manufacturing documentation (MP, IP, BOM).
• Development and qualification of tooling/equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ, support, design).
• Application of statistical and analytical methods such as SPC, SQC, and DOE.
• Will become the SME on all-things-electrical for the department.
Apply for Sr. Manufacturing Engineer-Electrical/Mechatroni
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search