Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our Client is seeking an Interaction Designer for a 24-month contract in San Francisco, CA.
The Interaction Designer is responsible leading project teams while designing and delivering customer experience solutions, including desktop browser, mobile, and tablet sites and apps. This person will work on high-profile and/or complex projects spanning either our public site (shopping, informational, and application flows) or authenticated site (online banking, payments, and other transactional and service related flows). As a major contributor in shaping a segment of products customer experience strategy, this person will partner with product owners to influence product roadmaps.
• Collaborating with DXD Designers, Content Strategists, Producers, and Researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
• Solve complex problems with simple, industry-leading user interface design solutions
• Develop scenarios, navigational structures, sitemaps, user flows, screen designs, interaction models and functional templates, then assist the project team with the creation of visual design and content artifacts
• Design, develop, test and refine prototypes
• Often acting as project lead, coordinating multi-disciplinary DXD project teams, writing creative briefs, estimating scope and sizing, and handling escalations
• Working on large projects as well as ongoing maintenance, both independently and as part of a team
• Working with project teams to understand business goals and identify customer needs
• Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and more
• Analyze relevant internal and external sites and consult standards and guidelines as well as policies to determine best practices
• Iterate or extend existing designs, apply existing standards to new products or functionality, or redesign
• Consult with business stakeholders to educate and inform around the business value of experience design and user centered design practices
• Lead series of projects and complex programs
• Present the entire experience to large groups or senior leaders
• Moderate working sessions
• Participate in early discovery work that helps to determine future strategy
• Advocate for change that enhances customer experience and improves process
• Act as a key player in the strategic design process of projects, assuming responsibility for the overall Customer Experience strategy and execution
• Shepherd the project through usability testing, with an eye toward translating user feedback into intuitive and functional user experiences
• Develop new research and test theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions
• Define and deploy design strategies
• Bachelor's degree in HCI or equivalent experience with information architecture as well as interaction design and information design
• 5+ years of experience with interactive product design, design planning, and/or strategic consulting for Fortune 500 companies or large e-commerce sites
• Proven track record for managing complex projects within larger organizations with a mature user centered design methodology
• Current and relevant experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
• Mobility experience
• A track record of delivering high quality end-to-end designs including wireframes, prototypes, specifications documents, and presentations
• Knowledge of applying user research (e.g. task analysis, user scenarios) to inform design decisions
• Experience in working with cross functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies
• Practical experience participating, optimizing and socializing user centered design processes and principles
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem-solving, and engagement management skills
• Expertise in iRise (or other simulation packages), Visio/OmniGraffle, and Photoshop/Fireworks
• Understand the subjective nature of decision-making with internal clients, and work effectively as a consultant within a large, matrixed organization
• Ability to present and defend design decisions to groups including senior stakeholders
• Experience in communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic and visual arts
• Background in financial institution or other regulated industry
• Consulting experience or experience within Fortune 100 company
• Certification using iRise
• Knowledge of Accessibility methods and standards, WCAG, or section 508 compliance guidelines
• Experience with formal usability assessment methods
• Experience with service design or journey mapping, and designing for emotion
• Advanced degree in HCI, human factors, interaction design, communications, information sciences in visual/graphic arts or comparable experience
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Eric at email@example.com
Please reference JO# 14612EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Interaction Designer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search