Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
The following is a critical opening for us. The team expects candidates with a background in at least two of the following:
expect background in at least two of these four.
1) Experience with safety critical software development. This could be from aerospace, or other regulated industries.
a. Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, GE, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, UTI are great places.
2) Education or work experience in perception technologies. This could be camera, radar, lidar etc.
a. Bosch, Delphi, MobilEye, Valejo, Vellodyne, Continental, Autoliv, Gentex are examples of companies.
3) Education or work experience in robotics, control system, automation etc. This could be from vehicle ADAS, UAVs, aircraft, industrial robotics, etc.
a. Johnson Control, (companies that have names “instruments” like NI National Instrument or TI Texas Instruments) ABB are examples
4) Strong background in systems engineering, requirements development, test case development, and compliance model.
a. Mostly aerospace companies, aviation companies, power engineering companies, vehicles.
This is a Sr. Systems Engineering role with a product ownership component. An engineer that has taken a product from initial idea to an out-the-door product. (Cradle to Grave.) (Conceptual to Market.)
Qualifications (Skills & Experiences & Education)
Years of Experience: Minimum years of experience needed
Required Strongly Desired
• BSc Computer Science • MSc, PhD
Skills: General skills needed to perform the job
• Strong programming skills, strong IT background
Specialized Skills: Knowledge or certifications unique to this role
• Product Definition
o Comfortable forming and articulating the big picture on where an industry is headed and creating product roadmaps
o Prior experience defining a highly technical product as a systems engineer or equivalent
o Prior experience with V-model Systems engineering
o Experience gathering and organizing requirements and writing functional specifications
o Adept at diving deep into the weeds with engineers while keeping the product vision in mind
o Ability to plan/review architectures, technical designs, test strategies, test cases, etc.
• Experience in a regulated industries such as aerospace, medical devices, automotive, etc.
• Project Management
o Experience running one or more projects simultaneously
o Usual PM stuff - manage timelines, budgets, resource planning, risk, etc.
• Technical Depth
o Prior experience with robotics, unmanned systems, control systems, or camera/sensor based perception
o While the expectation is for a programmer, will be expected to be highly technical - familiar with data structures and algorithms, machine learning, and math
o Capable of leading by influence, not authority
o Capable of getting people across levels of an organization aligned behind a common vision
o Effective public speaker – comfortable presenting complex technical information in front of technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
o Effective at communicating with teams across cultures and in different times zones •
Work Flexibility: Physical requirements, travel requirements, work schedule, etc.
• 5% business travel a year overseas
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO#NB15195
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Role Summary: Brief summary, 3-4 sentences which describes nature and level of work
This role will be involved primarily in development and pre-development projects at the lab. You will come up with product requirements – this will involve a lot of driving to come up with requirements for product algorithms. You will then work with teams of engineers to come up with system and module requirements and manage the execution of these projects. You could also be responsible for testing and managing the logistics for this.
This is not a sort of role for a 9-5 guy. While work/life balance are valued, the expectation is that you’re passionate about technology and have tons of ideas. You should not wait for people to tell you what to do, but rather come up with the agenda, get people aligned and drive things.
• Up to 25% time travel throughout US and Canada.
• Up to 2 trips to Europe per year (US Passport Required).
• Required: US Driver’s license with no more than 2 violation points and no DUI conviction.
Role Responsibilities: List essential functions in order of importance; include percentage of time spent performing each function (total should equal 100%)
Main responsibility – 80% of time spent
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Develop project scopes, objectives & budgets involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Identify and define requirements.
• Break projects into do-able actions and set timeframes.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
• Develop project plans, define KPIs, monitor and report progress and issues.
• Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
• Perform risk-management to minimize project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
• Manage logistics, including but not limited to product transport, hardware shipment, travel, etc.
Additional responsibilities – 20% of time
• Enhance the relationship between the R&D Group and Company HQ, as well as Brands and Divisions.
• Periodically gather the status of strategy, technology and gaps from Brand and share with the group in a systematic manner. Propose ideas for how the R&D Group can fill these gaps.
• Establish connections between Brand and the R&D Group at the engineering level, where relevant and help push R&D innovations at the company.
Apply for Sr. Systems Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search