Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our Client is seeking a Cloud Engineer for an extendable 6-month contract in San Jose, CA.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for building and scaling a reliable state of the art cloud-services platform. In this role, the position will be responsible for development and support of multi-tiered systems that captures data 24 hours a day supporting millions of devices, makes data accessible at scale via APIs and front-end web systems, and leverage established tools to automate the operation and maintenance of such systems with high levels of performance and availability.
• Development and support of our cloud-based services to provide reliability and scalability for applications.
• Work closely with product, engineering, QA, DevOps and support teams to define and refine our cloud platform.
• Ensure high availability and provide application support to enable 24x7 monitoring
• Collaborate with other technology teams and to define protocols, API's, to operate and acquire data from large numbers of Internet-connected devices
• At least 5+ years of software development experience with latest 1 to 2 years in cloud development
• Strong hands-on experience in the development of a cloud-based SaaS product
• Strong expertise and experience in developing APIs
• Experience in Internet of Things (IoT) architecture is preferable
• Experience in developing distributed cloud applications and systems using Java and Scala preferably on AWS
• Working experience in Spark, Akka, AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, Elastic Search, DataStax enterprise Cassandra
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience developing connected devices application with knowledge of streaming protocols and high-performance systems
• Working in a distributed environment and has dealt with challenges around scaling and performance
• Good understanding of scalable distributed computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms using Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Storm etc
• Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Familiarity with AWS products such as EC2, S3, CloudWatch, and OpsWorks, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, SQL and Cassandra database technologies, Scala and Java.
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference JO# 15642EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Cloud Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search