Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Location: San Jose, CA
Employment: 6+ Month Contract (Potential conversion to FTE)
• Design, develop and implement data models and solutions for 2 divisions.
• Define and implement CO’s information and data architecture, standards, and strategies.
• Ensure that the database designs are consistent with information architecture, information management standards, and industry standards.
• Drive and define a data architecture vision and strategy to maximize the optimization of CO’s data assets.
• Design, develop, and communicate data models at different levels: conceptual, logical, and application levels.
• Map data sources as well as document interfaces and data movement
• Develop a vision, roadmap, and implementation plans for data governance/integration/management and information lifecycle
• Expand the company’s ability to use and analyze data as a strategic asset and enabler.
• Goal is to uncover data-driven insights in order to improve ability and customer experiences understanding and business drivers.
• Play a critical role in business decisions that deliver a world-class, personalized product experience.
• Java, JQL, SQL, Scala (preferred) – Experience with programming (with experience in data modeling.
• Advanced skills using a scripting language (1+ languages) (e.g., Python, bash, etc.).
• Extract Transform Load (ETL) experience (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, or similar technology)
• Implementation (solid experience and understanding) of cloud data platform technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
• Passion for solving business and product problems using data analytics and models, which contributes useful insights and customer values.
• Work with engineering and product managers to translate potential ideas and data-driven initiatives into fully developed customer/partner solutions/experiences.
• Ability to identify core/edge cases and dependencies in any scenario.
• Experience with identifying and resolving issues working with disparate sources of data and data quality.
• Experience with translating ideas into specific qualified and quantified action items.
• Ability to develop detailed plans containing specific goals, timelines, priorities, and budgets to bring ideas into products.
• BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
• 3 - 5+ years of professional experience.
• Data visualization experience with R, Python, Tableau, or PowerBI
• Self-starter, curious and think “How does it work?”
• Ask the right questions, pose solutions, collaborate well with a variety of teams.
• Must be able to point things out and stand by your insights
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO# 16224 - Data Engineer - San Jose
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Data Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search