Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
A client of ours in the Silicon Valley area is looking for a well-qualified, personable candidate to serve as a Test Engineer! This is a six month contract role.
- EMPHASIS: Testing, Troubleshooting, Helping solve Electrical Engineering issues and challenges.
- Test Equipment usage experience w/ Oscilloscopes for measuring, DVM's for T/S to systems or component level
- Bring in knowledge-domain or similar experience.
o Specific Products exp is not required, but prefer exp w/ products that are subjected to environmental elements, such as Water, heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, wind, sunlight/UV Rays, including time, etc…
- Must be an independent/methodical thinker and able to handle multiple tasks, often with little supervision, able to think on their own. This job is NOT for someone who just wants to be given direction and do just what they’re told.).
- Personality Type: Inquisitive and Forward-Thinking (can ask the right or wrong questions, which leads to brainstorming and the right answers, and think 2-4 months ahead about product life-cycle), Open-Minded, Flexible, A Thinker (not just a doer). A thinker and good analytical mind, but not someone who has “analysis-paralysis”, quick w/ communication – written/documenting/verbal/dealing with vendors or partners, etc…).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, Ability to work independently or on a team with minimal supervision, Excellent communication skills verbal and written, Enjoys being creative, Wants to learn and grow professionally as the company grows.
- Lab testing including electrical and mechanical, experience.
- Ensure that all mechanical, electrical, E/M, and Software works in sync. (SW includes Embedded, App, and Cloud).
- Must be Very Organized – able to write and record test results, upkeep db, provide feedback and results to upper-management, etc… (Note: Documentation is important for this role, but the emphasis it Test Engineering and T/S.)
- Self-Starter who can think on their own, help create their own daily plans, and thrive in a start-up environment.
- Sensors knowledge highly preferred.
- Use of hand tools, Soldering of electronic components, etc…lab/bench type work skills.
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Statistical analysis SW tools exp is a plus.
- Top-performer ready to work in a dynamic and demanding environment of a rapidly growing small company.
- 5-10+ Years exp.
- Degree N/R but will accept up to MSEE/Master’s Degree level. BSEE is preferable w/ E/M knowledge would be ok for the right candidate.
- Labview a big plus
- Sensors experience highly preferred
- Battery-Powered Products knowledge a plus.
- Conduct Automated Tests w/ Test Equipment. Mostly Electrical or Electronic T/S, to systems or component level.
- LabView usage for checking sensor signals, receive IS, send commands, etc.
- Program Chambers, checking w/ sensors, checking control lines in back of units, checking humidity and temperature levels, etc.
- Most designs of 1st production product run are already completed.
o Need to continue w/ verification testing, validation & sustaining, and prove-out products over sustained timelines and with varying technical changes.
- Help with 2nd-generation product.
- 1) Define and Write Test Plans. 2) Execute. 3) Provide Results.
- Electrical and mechanical testing, prototype fabrication and assembly, and equipment development. Work in a team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers; to develop new products.
- Conduct tests and collect data both in-house and in the field, Assemble prototype products, Fabricate and/or modify components for testing, Inspect incoming mechanical and electronic components and raw materials.
- Troubleshoot and perform analysis of failed hardware, Build and set-up production and test equipment, Calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Execute tests, assess, prove-out, ask Q’s and get answers, adjust as necessary, independently make judgement calls (with leadership approval), take test to fruition.
- Conduct various types of tests, using standard methods and by being creative, to prove-out product to the point of pass, fail, or make modifications to product.
- Ensure that product performs in all types of tough/harsh environments.
- Conduct some test with water-immersion, and check sensors for proper readings, make adjustments as necessary.
- Check water temperatures vs current outputs and record data under different temps, depths, and different power output.
o Company has developed an algorithm that moves with thresholds of current; use the math to conduct varying tests, and share results.
- Interpret and provide all data-points to management.
- Hands-on bench work as necessary – builds, soldering, working with PC Boards, sub-assemblies, etc…using all types of hand tools.
- No Design work in this role. All Test.
- Work very closely, in close-proximity with colleagues and hands-on managers.
- Report to Director of Test & QA.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to email@example.com
Please reference JO#16297LJ
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Electrical Test Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search