Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Seeking a Project Engineer for a Direct Hire/FTE position in Hayward, CA. Optional job location in Dallas, TX.
• Responsible for technical aspects of projects to supply large capital food processing equipment to customers.
• Will be customers’ primary technical interface in conjunction with sales, project management, and service group; to ensure equipment meets expectations.
• Help Lead Team of 1-5 skilled design engineers and provide guidance on component specifications, equipment sizing, detailed design specifications, etc.
• Design of industrial food processing and packaging equipment models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
• Drafting of equipment layout/installation drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, and process flow diagrams in AutoCAD 2D.
• Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
• Organize and participate in peer review meetings to generate and review Risk Assessments.
• Sizing of mechanical and powertrain components (shafts, bearings, sprockets, gearboxes).
• Sizing of heat transfer and fluid flow components (valves, pumps, burners, Heat Exchangers).
• Specification of purchased components (sensors and switches).
• Monitor design and customer drawing release schedules to ensure project is not delayed.
• Support equipment fabrication progress through our factory; we have a full machine shop, sheet metal shop with laser and waterjet, and welding assembly shop.
• Work with our field service group to support equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning.
• Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during commissioning offsite. Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting.
• Occasional overtime work may be required.
• 3+ years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
• Experience with FEA and CFD modeling a plus.
• Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
• Experience in food processing equipment is a plus, but analytical ability is most important.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working in SAP is preferred.
• BSME or B.S. Degree in Food Engineering.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Travel (locally or anywhere in US).
• Active Passport and CA Driver's License.
• Must pass a drug/alcohol test and background check.
Are you interested and available? Please send your resume to Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference JO# 17369EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Project Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search