Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Site Reliability Engineer for a 2-year contract in either San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC.
Work with local API development squads, platform teams, product owners, scrum masters, and architects. The SRE ensures that both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. Work on decreasing time on operational work and tickets and more time on improving the site performance, availability, and capacity.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support APIs before they go live through system design review, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and performance reviews.
• Maintain APIs once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Troubleshoot and mitigate the thorniest problems in our most mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents
• 7+ years of experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
• Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
• Networking experience that includes network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
• In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
• Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
• Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
• Experience with Puppet.
• Experience with Apigee.
Are you interested and available? Please send your resume to Eric at email@example.com and reference JO# 17475EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Site Reliability Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search