Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
The Mainz Brady Group has an immediate need for an excited, smart, and adaptive HW Design Engineer! Our client wants someone who is looking to grow in their field and be mentored by intelligent and seasoned engineers.
HW Design Engineer
- Junior-Intermediate level hardware engineer w/ 2-5 years’ experience who can grow with the company and team.
- Must be Sharp and Hands-On.
o Able to do design, schematic capture, manual testing, automated testing, scripting, etc…
- Passionate about board level hardware design and debugging/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of high-speed design principles.
o e.g., design experience w/ hi-speed boards, signal integrity, bus’s, frequency levels, etc…all a plus.
- Ability to debug boards at component level, with test equipment.
o Use of Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers.
o Signal Integrity and simulation/analysis tools is a plus, but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills/Able to document well.
- Technically curious and driven to learn new skills.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated; to champion continuous-improvement.
- Python/Scripts/Utilities knowledge is all a plus, but could be taught.
- Memory Chips or other CPU’s or Chips knowledge is a plus.
- Mechanical understanding of systems and environmental testing is a plus, e.g., understand that airflow to units is important to cut down on temperature and to help cool down components.
- A recent college graduate with an electrical engineering degree (BSEE or MSEE) will be considered.
- Analysis, debug and design of high performance, high bandwidth, high reliability advanced networking systems, both at system level and at board level, hardware, boards, and component issues.
- Work closely with a senior hardware engineer to do analysis, debug, and design at both the board and system level.
- Some experience and knowledge of schematic design using CAD software, e.g. OrCad or another similar cad SW tool.
o Board Layouts and Traces.
- Work with schematics and engineering input.
- Spec and design hardware for future systems to achieve robust signal integrity and power integrity performance.
o Existing Production and/or Prototype (R&D) parts.
- Test, analyze, and debug failed systems and boards to component level (in test lab/bench testing) aside from systems level testing.
- Support production team in system assembly, production testing, and debug.
- Evaluate and select components.
o Communicate with outside vendors, customers, CM’s, sub-contractors, etc…
o May bring in a vendor with their components, to test and validate the parts on-site, and do automated testing and checking of utilities, with the vendor.
- Help with a project to better automate test procedures – jigs/test fixtures, etc..
o May also involve working with Python – do some scripting (or be taught how to do it).
o Document all processes.
- Report to the Director of Hardware, and into the HW Systems/R&D Engineering Group.
- Flexibility is important – as will do many varied duties which could change from day to day or week to week. e.g., about 50% of the job will be new designs. The other 50% is production work and troubleshooting, picking up customer returns from the field and debugging issues, etc… During peak times, will be asked to help with basic testing of units which need to be shipped (e.g. – quarter-end shipments), and may be asked to help assemble and/or package products.
o Be flexible in an established company, on a small team, which still operates (to a degree) in start-up mode.
o Collaborative – will work with HW Engineers, SW Eng’s, Managers, Ops, etc…in different locations.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO#17581
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for HW Design Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search