Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Our Client is looking for a diligent and detail-oriented Opto-Mechanical Build Technician! Laser experience and CAD tools knowledge is required. This is a great opportunity to develop your career at a world-class company!
Opto-Mechanical Build Technician
Santa Clara, CA
Required / Desired:
- Test and mechanical assembly of Laser electro-optic products, and basic fundamentals of optics technology.
- Class I and II lasers experience.
- Laser safety and standards – knowledgeable.
- Read and follow written and verbal English work instructions and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Mathematical skills including use of basic math and geometry.
- Visual acuity to perform visual inspection of optical surfaces i.e. color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus – need to be adequate.
- Manual dexterity must be excellent.
- Basic computer skills, MS Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- CAD tools knowledge to view products.
- Report into company’s Nano-Scale, Science Division.
- Opto-mechanical build/assembly, test and repair of complex optical units in a clean room environment.
- Use techniques of optical alignment, attachment, metrology, and testing; on individual optical components, sub-assemblies, and complete optical assemblies.
- Work in a class 100/1000 clean room – Wear appropriate “Bunny Suit” and Booties as required.
- Align laser systems using concepts of auto reflection and interferometry.
- Perform epoxy-based assembly processes to create complex opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Use mechanical and/or optical measuring equipment (oscilloscopes, autocollimators, meters, and/or other related test equipment).
- Use computer-automated test systems and enter results in Microsoft Excel.
- Use hand tools and mechanical fixturing for mechanical assembly.
- Perform cleaning of optical components and assemblies using approved solvents.
- Product packaging and transfer to Shipping/Receiving department.
Are you available?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JO #IAS 18043
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com
Apply for Opto-Mechanical Build Technician
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search