Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
Seeking a Director of Operations for a Contract, CTH (Contract-to-Hire), or FTE position in Santa Clara, CA.
• Manage the Order Fulfillment operation for NPMD products, for customers worldwide.
• Manage and direct the reporting staff of Production Managers and Manufacturing Engineering Managers located in The Bay Area and Asia.
• Work with the Order Fulfillment team which consists of operators, technicians, and engineers; producing Laser, Electronic, and Optical products.
? Many of the products are vertically integrated, so specialized processes for manufacturing optical components and laser tubes are performed by the team, in addition to building the final products.
? Most of the work is done in a class 1000 cleanroom.
• Closely work with supporting functions such as; quality, procurement, and logistics.
• Team objectives are to deliver quality products, on time to customers.
• Also play a strong support role, working with R&D to build prototypes, and to develop processes and tools, for fabricating lower-level optical and laser components.
• The OF and R&D teams works closely together to release new products to production, and this Director will play a key role in integrating processes, builds, people, etc.
• Grow the operation to support new products while making the right decisions to make, versus buying components; all to optimize equipment investments.
• Meet and exceed customer’s expectations on quality and delivery.
• Manage financials to meet on-going improvements with revenue and gross margin targets.
• Develop strategic plans for transferring some products to lower-cost regions.
Required / Desired Skills:
• Must have had a leadership role in laser and/or optics manufacturing operations, or very similar in terms of products/industry.
• Must have managed production managers and manufacturing engineering managers in the US, and preferably overseas locations as well.
• Strong Business Acumen, and has managed Financial Budgets or P&L’s.
• Managed operations with more than $150M in annual revenue (preferable to that financial level).
• Experience with Class 1000 cleanroom environments (preferred, perhaps Class 100).
• Precision assembly methods and factory automation know-how.
• Quality-first focus for mission-critical high-value solutions.
• Leadership role in new product introductions (NPI) which required planning for capacity expansion (preferred).
• Has managed laser repair and factory service operations, or very similar operations.
• Acquisition integration experience (A plus).
• Product transfer experience to lower-cost regions
• B.S degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or related degree, at a minimum.
• MBA or Financial Degree on top of engineering degree is a plus.
Are you interested and available? Please send your resume to Eric at email@example.com and reference JO #EMK 18058
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for Director of Operations
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search