Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Our Client in Santa Clara is looking to hire a NX Unigraphics CAD Designer
Required / Desired:
• NX Unigraphics CAD knowledge - strong
• Leadership experience
• Vacuum Systems knowledge highly preferred!
• 3-5 + Years on UG preferred
• Latest UG version knowledge preferred
• Able to work with PDM Systems (Product Development Management) – a large overall PM type database – there are many types
• Able to tie in many designs into one master design in a large UG sector
• GD&T knowledge is a huge benefit for this role
• Communicate Well
• BSME or related Engineering Degree a plus for any candidate, especially the 2 lead(s)
• Background Check required - Very High-Security working environment
o Let candidate know before recruiting
• Hands on design or design-engineering, and help be a Team Lead, along w/ management - all CAD w/ technical repositories
• Work with a team, which includes below duties and independent designs
• Independent Designs within the framework of large Capital Equipment Semiconductor Process Equipment/Machines
• Could be some parametrics, or mathematical analysis, etc…
• Help spec out projects and designs of all types - components, sub-systems, fixtures, mechanisms, metals and materials, wiring, software allocations, entire units, etc...
o Specs are intricate and details w/ "tight specs" and dimensions using GD&T techniques and Calculations
• Work from a “Master Model” in which many design engineer’s piece-part designs (a.k.a. sub-component designs), are tied all together in UG
• Make sure all 3-D parts align and fit together
o Tie in Segments A to C, segment G to K, etc…
o Ensure that all engineer’s designs are compatible
o e.g., if 2 parts are to fit together from drawing (3-D Cad drawings, sketches, or renderings), and the dimensions don’t quite fit, must then let the engineer(s) know to re-adjust the drawing, or assign to another engineer
o If 6 engineer’s parts are all in sync, and 1 engineer’s part is not, the engineer who is not in sync will be asked to make adjustments, and re-design all specs
• Ensure that master equipment designs are in sync, all fits are compatible, engineers are in sync, design shifts are aligned, etc…
o Another example: Small bolt patterns could be designed by different engineers – all male & female threading must align, bolts must be sized the same, etc…
• Will be in the ‘Team Center’
• May need to get out to the R&D groups or manufacturing floor and physically check out the products prior to decisions
• Make recommendations and be a huge part of the team as a Hands-on Individual Contributor and Team Lead
• Mentor less-experienced designers & engineers and contractors (as well as any direct employees of the company that they are assigned to lead)
Curious? Want to know more? Are you available?
Please send a current resume to Pragati at email@example.com
Reference job# 13710
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mbg.com. Mainz Brady Group, a technology staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Government, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing - on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced professional Technology Staffing Specialists take great pride in our ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so; we are able to offer the best career choices for our candidates.
We look forward to working with you!
Apply for NX Unigraphics CAD Designer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search