Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Corporate Technology Architect
The Corporate Technology Architect is responsible for developing and maintaining architecture for enterprise business systems and partner-facing services offerings managed by the Corporate Technology team. The Corporate Technology Architect works with executives, business unit leaders and key stakeholders to understand long-term business plans and translates high level requirements to technology road maps. The Corporate Technology Architect develop designs with a focus on development best practices, enterprise integration, scalability and minimization of technical debt.
The Corporate Technology Architect plays a key role in evangelizing new and emerging technology, enfolding those capabilities into road maps and high-level design. The Corporate Technology Architect works collaboratively with all participants across software and infrastructure development projects, providing guidance, mentorship and subject matter expertise. This role has a heavy emphasis on facilitating cross team and cross role collaboration in a systems development and maintenance environment.
Provide architectural leadership and guide the structure for creating new and maintaining the organization’s existing system assets
- Architectural leadership for the design and implementation of major corporate systems
-Consult with executives, business unit leaders and stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and corporate system design
- Develop technology road maps, standards and strategies; oversee their implementation
- Create and define a consistent architecture for corporate systems, integrations and access methods
- Provide continuity in major solution design decisions
- Advise on the use of emerging technology for maximizing business benefits; research, prototype, and document the organization’s best practices using industry standards for new technology usage
- Evangelize and teach best practices, system design principles and adoption of new technology or techniques
- Recommend operational action necessary to manage technology debt
Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Create systems architecture artifacts such as UML design models, conceptual and state diagrams, application program-to-program communication design, solution design principles, Data Flow Diagrams, whitepapers and Presentations
- Ensure system architecture meets internal and external policies and requirements for technical standards, security, scalability, operation, and support
- Assist in making build vs. buy decisions; coordinate with other business units in the organization to stay informed of packaged software implementations
- Document and understand systematized business rules in corporate business systems such as CRM, Finance, HR and Legal systems and ensure that integrations abide by company standards for secure data handling and security
Support project teams
- Provide support to infrastructure, development, and operation teams for solving challenging technical problems through application of prototypes, core library development, and knowledge of industry best practices. Provide mentoring on solution design, implementation, construction and development methodologies through one-on-one interaction, meetings, and brown bag sessions
- Participate in design and code reviews; assign priority of remediation
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
Skills and abilities
- Able to articulate and advocate strategy and direction for technology and architecture throughout the organization
- Ability to communicate well with upper management, business stakeholders, development teams, product managers, project managers, and partners
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment while developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
- Experience architecting and developing highly scalable, secure enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and skill levels
- Ability to mentor and coach others in a way that helps them reach their potential
- Track record of evaluating technology and applying to solve business problems
Education and experience
- 15+ years related work experience
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in lieu of degree
- Deep experience in solving scalability, reliability and robustness challenges
- Experience implementing SOA (micro services, event based systems) and loosely coupled architecture
- Strong experience with integration technology stacks and relevant standards including SAML, OAuth, REST and application frameworks such as Spring/Hibernate or .NET
- Strong experience with high availability data technologies (multi-data center, stateless architecture, load balanced, queuing and caching systems)
- Strong leadership with a desire to collaborate and provide mentorship
- Knowledge of integration and interoperability with Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with developing solutions using utilizing on-premise and cloud technology.
Apply for Solutions Architect
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search