Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
• Expert-level Java development experience, including common backend frameworks.
• Hands-on development with key AWS technologies, including AWS Batch, AWS StepFunctions, and AWS Lambda.
• AWS Certified Developer or other AWS certification.
• Experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
• Experience using high-throughput, message queueing systems such as AWS SQS.
• Familiarity with DevOps technologies, including Docker and common configuration management tools.
• An ability to periodically deploy systems to cloud environments such as AWS.
• Mastery of key development tools such as GIT, and familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
• Overall, 7+ years of industry experience developing backend components with a recent focus on big data systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience or understanding of developing machine/deep learning systems in a distributed environment.
• Sr. level, hands-on position; responsible for leading the design and development of cutting-edge big data systems to enable the company/R&D to better understand and serve their customers.
• Will engage in an international engineering collaboration with the teams developing global-scale infrastructure; supporting acquisition, analysis, and machine learning; using data coming from future product releases of the company.
• Products impacted by this role range from customer insights informing new services to the most advanced autonomous systems in the industry.
• Design and implement key components for highly scalable, distributed data collection and analysis system built for handling petabytes of data in the cloud.
• Analyze and support requirements from machine learning specialists, focusing on the most important topics in the rapidly evolving industry.
• Move architecture and implementation through the development pipeline, from research to deployment in millions of units.
• Work with architects from other divisions contributing to this analytics system and mentor team members on best practices in backend infrastructure and distributed computing topics.
Please send your most up to date resume to Tyler at Resumes@mbg.com
Apply for Sr. Big Data Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search