Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Senior DevOps Engineer
Our Client is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a Contract-to-Hire (6-months contract, then conversion to FTE) in Portland, OR. This is a W2 only position.
Seeking a DevOps Engineer with a strong background in Hybrid Azure technology to support the full release management lifecycle. We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and innovative engineer with a track record of taking initiative and delivering results. This individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment, administering client facing environments that require 24X7 system uptime, and working cooperatively with a multi-functional team. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for the applications architecture and support.
• Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines based on the Azure DevOps (former VSTS) task based build system.
• Leverage the full power of the Microsoft – Azure DevOps(VSTS) tools offering to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes for application
• Integrate with agile teams to provide expert level guidance regarding best practices for building and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
• Responsible for creating builds and releases along with any planned documentation.
• Responsible for performing software installation and deployments using an Infrastructure as Code paradigm.
• Maintain configuration management database.
• Setup and maintain development, test, and production environments.
• Provide input to development teams from a system/network administrator perspective.
• Implement and maintain system health and performance monitors and alerts.
• Collaborate with development teams to resolve system health and performance issues and risks
• Perform capacity planning for hardware resources.
• Migrate existing systems and setup new systems in a cloud hosting provider.
• Manage Windows and SQL Server updates as needed.
• Develop SQL, PowerShell, and/or bat scripts to automate software testing tasks.
• Implement and recommend security controls.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps engineer, system administrator, and/or software engineer.
• Experience setting up an automated build and delivery pipeline leveraging the full DevOps range of tools available for Microsoft (TFS, Azure DevOps) web services and websites hosted in IIS and/or Azure.
• Expert level experience utilizing DevOps features of TFS 2018 on-prem solution and Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS), including CI/CD pipelines design and implementation, TFS agent management, TFS Security Model, Azure DevOps/TFS Release Manager.
• Experience automating processes using PowerShell
• Experience automating setup of virtual machines
• Experience writing SQL scripts
• Good communication skills
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, ARM Templates, Azure AD security, Azure DevOps (VSTS), Azure Apps, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Virtual Machines.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field.
• Ownership mentality with capability to drive forward solutions on own initiative.
• Passion for keeping up to speed with the latest software tools and methodologies.
• Ability to evaluate and adopt new technologies as the need arises.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage expectations.
• Ability to challenge status-quo and drive change.
• Flexible & easily adaptable to change.
• Familiarity with software development processes, standards, and best practices to ensure quality outcomes.
• Experience working within short development cycles using agile (Scrum) methods.
• Experience as a system administrator.
• Experience as an administrator of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (on-prem)
• Ability to collaborate across IT disciplines.
• Experience with Docker and Azure managed Kubernetes a plus.
Are you interested and available? Please send your current resume to Eric at email@example.com. Please reference JO# 15250EK
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE iPhone App “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/iphoneapp
Apply for DevOps Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search