Your Future Starts Now.
The Internet will only get you so far. Our recruiting specialists are on the inside of the IT job market in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle—and they can help you access open positions you might otherwise not even know about.
Explore our IT jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland and Seattle now:
Monitoring Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented teams, serving as both a expert for internal users, as well as a driving force for performance, best practices, and data integrity within the environment.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining log management solutions and tools
• Design and build resilient, cost-efficient and scalable data pipelines/applications to transform and transport data to various reporting platforms
• Build proactive monitoring solutions to detect failure across various components within pipeline
• Conduct investigations for root cause analysis of problems or issues across data pipelines and platforms
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sources
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
• An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
• An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
• Experience with Orchestration tools like Terraform, Cloudformation
• Strong Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) background with troubleshooting and administration skills
• Experience with configuring/maintaining log interfaces/tools such as ryslog and syslog-ng
• Experience implementing/maintaining log management tools like Splunk, ELK, Devo, Sumologic, Microsoft Operations Management Suite, nxlog
• Experience implementing nxlog manager and managing nxlog collectors at scale
• Understanding and experience with configuration management tools and concepts such as puppet, chef, Ansible, SCCM
• Advanced scripting skills to include but not limited to: shell scripts and supporting program languages – python, bash, regular expression, perl
• Experience with logging practices and log transport; data on-boarding; and field extractions
• Understanding of nxlog configurations, modules and integrations with various applications
Send your resume to Kyle Ashby at email@example.com!
Apply for Monitoring Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search