It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
Position: Commerce Release Engineer
As a Release Engineer you will be responsible for building pre-production environments, deploying packages, applying configuration, troubleshoot integration issues in test environments, and execute production deployments. You will be part of a broader team of release engineers serving our Digital direct to consumer business. We work in a fast moving, constantly changing environment and need resources who are able to provide flexible, reliable self-service, and clear communication with partners.
· Work the process with release managers and capability teams to get quality outcomes for customers.
· Focus on improvement in process, toolset, and automation capabilities.
· Take the lead troubleshooting deployment and application issues in a complex multitiered, and multi-homed platform.
· Supporting both production and pre-production change execution.
· Managing and support our CI and source control systems.
· Facilitation of applications and resources from datacenter to cloud environments.
Experience and Skills Required
· Deep understanding of configuration management and release engineering practice and procedures. DevOps/Continuous Delivery experience is a plus.
· Experience with linux software build and release.
· Linux shell scripting (bash, Python, or Perl) is required.
· Automation and orchestration tools such as Puppet, Maven, Ansible, Chef, or OpenShift.
· Continuous integration technologies including TeamCity, Jenkins, or Bamboo.
· Monitoring and triage tools such as Splunk, New Relic, and Dynatrace.
· Strong Linux systems administration experience.
· Deep knowledge of Java web application containers (JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat) and web servers (Nginx, Apache)
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Build and Release Engineer - 8931926
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search