It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
We have a client who's in need of a talented Systems Administrator to join their growing IT team. This position is responsible for the installation, administration and security of the IT infrastructure. You’ll work closely with their DevOps and Service Desk Technicians to support our software development team and employee customer base.
• Build, assemble, and configure hardware, install OS and software using prototype and production servers.
• Root cause software and associated hardware issues.
• Manage spare inventory required to keep the servers operational.
• Manage network connectivity and network switches for a diverse user community.
• Manage multiple server and backup storage architectures.
• Build out and manage system monitors and alerts for the IT infrastructure and applications.
• Manage stakeholder expectations and deliver best-of-breed support to all projects and users.
• Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation in pro-actively scheduling tasks and projects.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Windows & Linux Systems Administrator.
• 1+ years’ experience in systems planning, security, development and administration in a mixed-platform environment.
• Experience managing virtualization and migrating workloads to the cloud with VMware and cloud computing (AWS or Azure)
• Proficient with backup and disaster recovery management using Cohesity Backup and Zerto replication.
• Familiarity with storage architectures; iSCSI, Dell Compellent, NAS and SAN.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP network concepts and operation
• Proficiency with Windows Server 2008-2016 & CentOS Linux/RHEL
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Experience in installing Linux packages and applications.
• Ability to debug an OS issue in the Linux system.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
• Experience automating and integrating complicated systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for engaging with other technical and non-technical professionals.
• Able to develop plans for future projects that highlight the features of new products and recommend enhancements to stakeholders.
• Ability to operate within the team, following processes and working to improve processes.
• Ability to work extended hours base on business need
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
To download our FREE Mobile Apps “MBG Jobs”, visit www.mbg.com/mobileapps
Apply for Systems Adminstrator
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search