It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Incident Manager II Job Description
The Operations Center works in a fast-paced setting at one of the world’s most dynamic companies. Incident Managers are an integral part of the technical landscape providing services to engineering and leadership teams around the world. Our Incident Managers take responsibility for documenting, communicating, and escalating incidents throughout their lifecycle, from detection to After Action Review. A strong candidate will have experience in coordinating and driving the restoration of services for high profile incidents with multiple teams. A successful Incident Manager II will demonstrate the following:
· Quickly gain the ability to understand multiple applications and technologies.
· Possess a customer-service based ethos
· Ability to stay calm, manage competing priorities and operate in stressful situations
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of ServiceNow and Microsoft Office applications
· Understanding of ITIL processes and methodology (ITIL Foundations preferred)
· Broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency in all duties
· Ability to adjust schedule based on business need
· Lead incident discussions to focus multiple engineering teams on service restoration in a collaborative manner while keeping everyone on the same page
· Ability to drive or provide command & control to technical teams and vendors during incidents that have been identified as having high urgency and/or high impact
· Provide accurate and concise summaries of technical issues to a wide audience including senior leadership
· Create communications with concise summaries providing a wide audience with incident status and business impact
· Adapt communications strategy for issues of a sensitive nature
· Identify major incidents and escalate via the Incident Management (IM) Process.
· Use established tools to contact engineering and leadership teams during incidents
· Record incident actions and milestones from verbal and written discussions
· Engage with customers to clarify incident and business impact statements
· Actively participate in After Action Reviews and be able to represent the incident management process.
· 2 years of experience supporting Enterprise infrastructure
· Experience in one or more of the following Business Categories: Retail, eCommerce, Infrastructure/Enterprise Support, Distribution/Logistics Centers
· 1-2 years of experience in an Incident Manager role
· Experience with multiple tools in the following categories (with preferred tool): Instant Messaging (Slack), Monitoring (Big Panda, New Relic, Splunk, ScienceLogic), Escalation/On-call (PagerDuty), Conference Calling (BlueJeans), Collaboration (Confluence, Jira)
Ready to apply? Please send your resume to Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Incident Manager
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search