It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
The role of a Senior Analytics Developer requires advanced communication skills, the ability to easily learn and adapt to new situations, and self-direction. The Senior Analytics Developer will leverage their advanced knowledge and expertise to shape the future of custom Analytics at our client. Moving fast is not an option in this role, it’s how they thrive!
· Translate customer needs into technical requirements
· Discern what is wanted from what is actually requested
· Foster relationship-oriented interactions with customers (yes, you will be speaking directly with Customers)
· Identify core requirements of new requests and provide creative solutions
· Create or modify custom solutions in a dynamic environment
· Test, document solutions and stick to standardized version controls
· Communicate technical concepts to non-technical users (ie. show and tell your wizardry for the end-user)
· Quickly learn new technologies, software, processes, and concepts
· Creating or modifying SQL queries, Crystal Reports, and Excel PowerPivot
· Familiarity with the structure of SAP B1 HANA & SAP B1 on SQL
· Be willing and able to track time and adhere to utilization targets
· Minimum Qualifications
· Extensive experience with Data Analysis, Excel, SQL, and Crystal Reports – we don’t insist on a PhD, we do need near-magical creative abilities
· Impossibly upbeat and positive in the face of changing requirements … while keeping the customer feeling cared-for and happy
· Be edumacated. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· This can’t be your first rodeo. You need experience working as a reports developer in a competitive business environment
· 3-5 years’ experience building complex Crystal reports is a good start
· 3-5 years’ experience writing complex SQL SELECT queries. We’re just getting stuff out, so experience putting stuff in is not necessary.
· Bean counters love EXCEL, so advanced skills including pivot tables, a bit of VBA, and DAX are definitely good to have.
· Experience with accounting and enterprise software like MS Dynamics, Sage, SAP, etc. Heck, even QuickBooks will get you more than a few points.
· You should know your debits from your debts, so a bit of basic business accounting, inventory, and manufacturing processes knowledge is like, sooo helpful
· Love it or hate it, we use Jira, so if you’ve used it before that’s a benefit
· Experience with ERP software would give you a big head start
· We have seen the future and the future is Hana. If you’ve worked with Hana before, well good for you!…it would be helpful, yet not required
Ready to apply? Please send your resume to Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Analytics Developer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search