It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Design, Content, and User Experience are incredibly important for our client. Their Content Strategists focus on how to help people save money and live better by transforming complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs and copy for our millions of customers around the world. You’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) and your polished writing skills, in collaboration with other Content Strategists, UX Architects and Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers, to envision new and improved ways to shop.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead in the creation of business and consumer-facing product experiences.
• Craft the words that guide our customers to products they love and through transactions that help them save time and money.
• Focus on customer needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution.
• Help users figure out what to do next with perceptive decisions about language and wording choices.
• Solve complex problems and work with others with the same enthusiasm to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure while still creating a cohesive design ecosystem.
• Seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
• Mentor other team members on best practices.
What You’ll Need:
• Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task text that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
• Familiarity with Accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
• A passion for well-written, informative and easy-to-grasp instructional text.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience with digital content creation OR Master’s degree and 3 years digital content experience.
• Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
• Experience creating content strategy for large customer facing properties.
• Background in writing for eCommerce applications.
• Awareness of how to tailor your message for large and small screens.
• Familiarity with Mobile Apps and App Store Optimization.
Ready to apply? Please send your resume to Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for UX Content Strategist
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search