It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
North America Store Design Creative Operations Project Manager
This role will oversee store planning, fixture and EGD (Environmental Graphics Design) development and installations for store projects. The candidate should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a thorough understanding of retail design and vendor management. The candidate will collaborate with many cross-functional teams, both internal and external including: Retail Store Design, Real Estate & Construction, Retail Brand, Product Presentation, Digital, IT, LP, Account Teams and Territories.
· Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with internal/external stakeholders and partners
· Oversee external fixture, 3D and graphic vendors, coordination, shop drawings and fabrication to ensure quality and consistency across all channels
· Oversee multiple projects in different phases of design and production simultaneously
· Participate in retail design planning process for new stores, remodels and refreshes
· Lead operational process from concept through execution
· Coordinate and manage vendor schedules within master project schedule
· Develop cost estimates and manage budgets for each project
· Build project schedules, establishing key dates and milestones
· Facilitate project meetings and follow-through on action items
· Review and qualify vendor bids for each project
· Write and manage purchase orders
· Evaluate all change orders and applications for payment
· Review completed project and create project punch list at time of substantial completion
· Travel required to oversee project development inclusive of site visits, vendor in-shop fabrication reviews and on-site installations
· Onsite management of vendor installations
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or related discipline preferred
· 7+ years project management experience in retail design, fixture development and/or commercial construction fields
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate in both technical and business environments
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment.
· Experience and knowledge of retail fixture detailing, manufacturing processes and budget management
· Experience in tender process and subcontractor labor dynamics in union and non-union markets
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents, engineering and shop drawings
· Experienced in negotiating, gaining consensus and interacting with various teams, from laborers to senior level management.
· Ability to travel 15%-20%
Ready to apply? Please send your resume to Phillip at Resumes@mbg.com
Apply for Design/Construction Project Manager
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search